Nonconforms and nots.
The Shoreline of Infinity is lapping at your literary heels...
Guidelines and suggestions:
1. Read a copy of Shoreline of Infinity to get the vibe.
2. Submit engaging science fiction or fantasy, "something that gives reality a tweak on the nose – an idea that makes us stop and think."
3. And make sure the story has "characters we want to meet and have a drink with or from whom we want to run screaming away; we want characters to hug to ease the pain; we want to read the stories of heroes; we want to be your character." (Weird, I know; would the character reciprocally be them?!)
4. Also make them wanna wake their "sleeping partners at 3am in the morning and say: 'you should read this!' "
5. Look beyond the Shoreline. Literally and metaphorically.
6. Regarding #2, make the story at least lean towards sci fi.
7. Up to 6,000 words.
The remainder of 2021 windows:
11th-13th September – general submissions 11th-13th November – general submissions
(Check back next year for nonconforms submission dates, and more nots submission dates.)
Now open a window and crawl though here...
...and if you and your story land right, the pay is £10 per 1,000 words.